Magic Stone Productions and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment are teaming on Girlfriend’s Day, written by and starring Bob Odenkirk (Mr. Show) with Best Worst Movie director Michael Paul Stephenson helming. Odenkirk will play greeting card writer Ray, who gets entangled in a web of murder and deceit as he and rival writers vie to create the perfect card for a new holiday dubbed Girlfriend’s Day. The husband and wife team of Michael Paul Stephenson and Lindsay Stephenson previously collaborated on docus Best Worst Movie and The American Scream and will produce Girlfriend’s Day via their Magic Stone shingle alongside Marc Provissiero and Odenkirk. Pic will mark Stephenson’s first narrative feature. The project is eyeing a fall start with filming set to take place in LA. Odenkirk next appears in Paramount’s Alexander Payne-helmed Nebraska and in A24’s Sundance pick-up The Spectacular Now, and will return to the final season of AMC’s Breaking Bad this August. He’s repped by WME. Odenkirk and Stephenson are both repped by Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment.
Bob Odenkirk To Write, Star In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’ For ‘Best Worst Movie’ Helmer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer