Magic Stone Productions and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment are teaming on Girlfriend’s Day, written by and starring Bob Odenkirk (Mr. Show) with Best Worst Movie director Michael Paul Stephenson helming. Odenkirk will play greeting card writer Ray, who gets entangled in a web of murder and deceit as he and rival writers vie to create the perfect card for a new holiday dubbed Girlfriend’s Day. The husband and wife team of Michael Paul Stephenson and Lindsay Stephenson previously collaborated on docus Best Worst Movie and The American Scream and will produce Girlfriend’s Day via their Magic Stone shingle alongside Marc Provissiero and Odenkirk. Pic will mark Stephenson’s first narrative feature. The project is eyeing a fall start with filming set to take place in LA. Odenkirk next appears in Paramount’s Alexander Payne-helmed Nebraska and in A24’s Sundance pick-up The Spectacular Now, and will return to the final season of AMC’s Breaking Bad this August. He’s repped by WME. Odenkirk and Stephenson are both repped by Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment.
Bob Odenkirk To Write, Star In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’ For ‘Best Worst Movie’ Helmer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company