At this year’s Sundance several buyers were interested in the Blackfish, the documentary about the notorious killer whale Tilikum that is responsible for the deaths of three individuals, including a top trainer. Magnolia Pictures and CNN Films, which kicked off its sales activities during the festival, ended up combining on the rights deal. Magnolia releases it July 19 and CNN will air it sometime in the fall.
Hot Trailer: Killer Whale Docu ‘Blackfish’
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest Film News
- J.J. Abrams Says ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel “In The Works For Theaters”, Shows Off ‘Overlord…
- Paramount Unveils First Look At ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ – CinemaCon
- ‘Kings’ Review: Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Can’t Save Tone-Deaf Movie Set During 1992 L.A. Riots
- Annapurna, Plan B Plot ‘Spotlight’-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon