The so-called store-within-a-store at Best Buy will offer Windows-based tablets and PCs, phones, Microsoft Office software, and Xbox consoles, the companies said today. Between this month and September the retail chain plans to allocate as much as 2,200 square feet of space at 600 U.S. and Canadian outlets to what will be called the Windows Store. These spaces will provide “a large-scale, hands-on customer experience that will show customers how Windows and Microsoft devices and services can make it easier for them to work and play,” Microsoft’s Tami Reller says. Best Buy will add more than 1,200 Microsoft-trained sales people at the Windows Stores. Microsoft also will have a presence on Best Buy’s Web site. This initiative follows the retailer’s agreement in April to launch similar internal stores for Samsung products as part of Best Buy’s effort to regain some of the market share it has been losing to online stores led by Amazon.
Best Buy Agrees To Dedicate Store Space For Microsoft Products
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Business News
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Nosing Out ‘Pitch Perfect’ For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Point.360 To Acquire Troubled Postproduction House Modern VideoFilm
- Time Warner Cable Nears A Decision On A New Merger Deal – Reports
- Hollywood Teamsters Reach Contract Deal With Basic Crafts Unions
- Martha Coolidge: Blaming DGA For Lack Of Female Directors Is “Dangerous Side-Path”