EXCLUSIVE: Bertie Carvel has been nominated for a Tony and all the other big Broadway awards this year for playing Miss Truchbull in the musical Matilda, now running at the Shubert. It’s a role he originated on the West End last year that earned him an Olivier Award. ICM Partners has signed the stage veteran, whose TV and film credits include the BBC series Sherlock, Restless and Doctor Who, the HBO miniseries John Adams and most recently Tom Hooper’s Oscar-nominated musical pic Les Miserables. Carvel continues to be repped in the UK by Michael Symons at Hamilton/Hodell.
ICM Partners Inks Tony Nominee Bertie Carvel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Starz's Cult Comedy 'Party Down' Heads To Hulu
- EOne Gets Into Business With Indie Producer David Lancaster
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu