EXCLUSIVE: Bertie Carvel has been nominated for a Tony and all the other big Broadway awards this year for playing Miss Truchbull in the musical Matilda, now running at the Shubert. It’s a role he originated on the West End last year that earned him an Olivier Award. ICM Partners has signed the stage veteran, whose TV and film credits include the BBC series Sherlock, Restless and Doctor Who, the HBO miniseries John Adams and most recently Tom Hooper’s Oscar-nominated musical pic Les Miserables. Carvel continues to be repped in the UK by Michael Symons at Hamilton/Hodell.
ICM Partners Inks Tony Nominee Bertie Carvel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession