EXCLUSIVE: NY-based BCDF Pictures has acquired spec script Cops And Robots from writer Matteson Perry, about an odd couple police duo – one a veteran cop, the other the world’s first android officer – who must learn to work together to avoid being replaced by newer models. the action comedy project could mark a slight departure for BCDF Pictures, which I hear is starting to eye bigger and more studio-friendly films. Run out of a 35-acre converted horse farm in upstate NY, BCDF previously produced Vera Farmiga’s Higher Ground, Josh Radnor’s Liberal Arts, and last year’s VOD hit Bachelorette. (Caliber Media reps both Perry and Bachelorette writer-director Leslye Headland.) Perry, a stand up comedian who also hosts LA’s Moth StorySlam, has had a great start to the summer: Last month Myriad Pictures and Depth of Field signed Seann William Scott to star in Guidance, Perry’s first sold script, about a high school counselor who starts lying to help a wayward teen.
BCDF Nabs ‘Cops And Robots’ Spec Script
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Trailer Includes New Fantastical Footage From Disney’s Ava DuVernay-Directed Adaptation
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched