EXCLUSIVE: NY-based BCDF Pictures has acquired spec script Cops And Robots from writer Matteson Perry, about an odd couple police duo – one a veteran cop, the other the world’s first android officer – who must learn to work together to avoid being replaced by newer models. the action comedy project could mark a slight departure for BCDF Pictures, which I hear is starting to eye bigger and more studio-friendly films. Run out of a 35-acre converted horse farm in upstate NY, BCDF previously produced Vera Farmiga’s Higher Ground, Josh Radnor’s Liberal Arts, and last year’s VOD hit Bachelorette. (Caliber Media reps both Perry and Bachelorette writer-director Leslye Headland.) Perry, a stand up comedian who also hosts LA’s Moth StorySlam, has had a great start to the summer: Last month Myriad Pictures and Depth of Field signed Seann William Scott to star in Guidance, Perry’s first sold script, about a high school counselor who starts lying to help a wayward teen.
BCDF Nabs ‘Cops And Robots’ Spec Script
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Midnight Rider': New Photos Show Crew On Train Tracks Before Sarah Jones Death
- 'Riddick's David Twohy To Direct Relativity Sci-Fier 'Replay'
- Blood List Names 'Bird Box' Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books
- Robin Williams' Final Film 'Boulevard' AFM-Bound; Pair Join Catherine Zeta-Jones' 'Godmother'; More
- Trick Or Treat? 'Tales Of Halloween' Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM