EXCLUSIVE: Baltasar Kormakur, who most recently helmed Contraband and The Deep, has got studios hot and bothered over a new film he’s putting together to produce and direct. It’s an English-language thriller based on a story he hatched from his own research that centers on a real-life corruption scandal involving the release of inmates for a day to serve as hired killers for crooked politicians. These same events inspired the Filipino movie On The Job, which recently premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. Kormakur will produce through his Blueeyes Productions. XYZ Films, the production and sales company that represents the international rights to On the Job, will also produce. On The Job will be part of the package. Stay tuned. I think this will land at a studio quickly. Kormakur wrapped 2 Guns with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg starring.
Baltasar Kormakur Eyes Feature On Scandal That Inspired Cannes Pic ‘On The Job’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?
- 'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Baseball Pic Fielded By Annapurna, Paramount
- Matt Bomer Joins Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe In 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Saturday Night Live' Debut: Who Directed This Hot Mess?
- Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Helmer