EXCLUSIVE: Baltasar Kormakur, who most recently helmed Contraband and The Deep, has got studios hot and bothered over a new film he’s putting together to produce and direct. It’s an English-language thriller based on a story he hatched from his own research that centers on a real-life corruption scandal involving the release of inmates for a day to serve as hired killers for crooked politicians. These same events inspired the Filipino movie On The Job, which recently premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. Kormakur will produce through his Blueeyes Productions. XYZ Films, the production and sales company that represents the international rights to On the Job, will also produce. On The Job will be part of the package. Stay tuned. I think this will land at a studio quickly. Kormakur wrapped 2 Guns with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg starring.
Baltasar Kormakur Eyes Feature On Scandal That Inspired Cannes Pic ‘On The Job’
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It
- Margaret French Isaac Named President Of Denise Di Novi Pictures