The Art Directors Guild (IATSE Local 800) will highlight the sci-fi work of members in a special exhibition at the Peninsula Museum of Art running this summer, the ADG announced today. The Art Of Science Fiction will feature 150 paintings and drawings by production designers, art directors, scenic, title and graphic artists, set designers, illustrators, matte artists and digital artists from the ADG ranks. Sci-fi properties from film and TV represented include Real Steel, the original Tron and Tron Legacy, Avatar, Men In Black, 10,000 Days, Dr. Who, Firefly, Serenity, and the Star Trek franchise. The exhibit runs from June 9 to August 25 in Burlingame, CA.
Art Directors Guild To Mount Sci-Fi Film & TV Exhibit
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest Film News
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster
- Oscars: Third Group Of Presenters Includes Cate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan & Louis C.K.