Private Practice and Judging Amy alumna Amy Brenneman has joined the cast of Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers, directed by Peter Berg. Also cast as a regular in the project, based on Tom Perrotta’s book, is Emily Meade (Gimme Shelter). The Leftovers takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to and centers on chief of police Kevin Garvey (Justin Theroux). Brenneman, repped by CAA and Mosaic, will play Laurie, a woman who has left her entire life behind to join a mysterious cult. Meade, repped by Innovative and Authentic talent, plays Amy, an uninhibited high school student who seemingly takes the apocalypse in stride. Cast as a guest star/recurring in the pilot is Jake Robinson (The Carrie Diaries), who plays the guy we all wish we were in High School.
Amy Brenneman To Co-Star In HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91