Private Practice and Judging Amy alumna Amy Brenneman has joined the cast of Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers, directed by Peter Berg. Also cast as a regular in the project, based on Tom Perrotta’s book, is Emily Meade (Gimme Shelter). The Leftovers takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to and centers on chief of police Kevin Garvey (Justin Theroux). Brenneman, repped by CAA and Mosaic, will play Laurie, a woman who has left her entire life behind to join a mysterious cult. Meade, repped by Innovative and Authentic talent, plays Amy, an uninhibited high school student who seemingly takes the apocalypse in stride. Cast as a guest star/recurring in the pilot is Jake Robinson (The Carrie Diaries), who plays the guy we all wish we were in High School.
Amy Brenneman To Co-Star In HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Amazon Picks Up Sky Drama Series ‘Fortitude’ For Season 2
- Oscars Ratings: Best Picture Gaffe-Stained Show Down To Nine-Year Low
- Comcast Agrees To Add YouTube App To Xfinity Platform
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight