Private Practice and Judging Amy alumna Amy Brenneman has joined the cast of Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers, directed by Peter Berg. Also cast as a regular in the project, based on Tom Perrotta’s book, is Emily Meade (Gimme Shelter). The Leftovers takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to and centers on chief of police Kevin Garvey (Justin Theroux). Brenneman, repped by CAA and Mosaic, will play Laurie, a woman who has left her entire life behind to join a mysterious cult. Meade, repped by Innovative and Authentic talent, plays Amy, an uninhibited high school student who seemingly takes the apocalypse in stride. Cast as a guest star/recurring in the pilot is Jake Robinson (The Carrie Diaries), who plays the guy we all wish we were in High School.
Amy Brenneman To Co-Star In HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'