Private Practice and Judging Amy alumna Amy Brenneman has joined the cast of Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers, directed by Peter Berg. Also cast as a regular in the project, based on Tom Perrotta’s book, is Emily Meade (Gimme Shelter). The Leftovers takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to and centers on chief of police Kevin Garvey (Justin Theroux). Brenneman, repped by CAA and Mosaic, will play Laurie, a woman who has left her entire life behind to join a mysterious cult. Meade, repped by Innovative and Authentic talent, plays Amy, an uninhibited high school student who seemingly takes the apocalypse in stride. Cast as a guest star/recurring in the pilot is Jake Robinson (The Carrie Diaries), who plays the guy we all wish we were in High School.
Amy Brenneman To Co-Star In HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO
- ‘Shameless’: Showtime Releases Official Season 7 Trailer And Poster Art
- Woody Allen’s ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’: First Photos Of Amazon Series
- ‘Today’ Wins Week After Rio Games Wrap, But ‘CBS This Morning’ Shows Growth