EXCLUSIVE: Amazon Studios is moving quickly to expand its original slate. After focusing on comedies and kids programming in its first batch of 14 pilots, five of which — two comedies and 3 kids shows — were picked up to series three weeks ago, the company is already setting its sights on the next target — launching a drama series. I’ve learned that the streaming service has greenlighted its first drama pilot, Bosch, a police procedural based on Michael Connelly‘s novels about Harry Bosch, a veteran police homicide detective with the Los Angeles Police Department. I hear the pilot was written by Connelly and Treme co-creator/executive producer Eric Overmeyer, who are executive producing with Fabrik’s Henrik Bastin and Mikkel Bondesen. Bosch has been at the center of or featured in 20 novels by Connelly, starting with the 1992 The Black Echo and most recently, last fall’s The Black Box. This marks Fabrik’s second pilot order in the past month. The company is also behind The Comedians, starring Billy Crystal, at FX.
Amazon Orders Cop Drama Pilot Based On Michael Connelly’s Harry Bosch Novels
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Syfy Orders 'Hunters' Series From Gale Anne Hurd Based On 'Alien Hunter' Book
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Decent, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong…
- AMC Pilot 'White City' Casting: Tim Peper, Mercedes Mason & Josh Pence Join
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'