The new multi-year deal includes NOVA, Masterpiece and Ken Burns documentaries and PBS KIDS series including Caillou, Arthur, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Dinosaur Train and Wild Kratts, the companies say. The arrangement continues the arms race with Netflix to land children’s shows — kids are a key market for streaming services. (Netflix recently announced a major deal with DreamWorks Animation.) Amazon says that the PBS KIDS shows will be available on its Kindle FreeTime Unlimited service, which, paradoxically for a service that bills itself as being “unlimited,” is designed to help parents limit viewing time. The new arrangement along with Amazon’s recent deal with Viacom to offer shows including Dora the Explorer, Go Diego, Go!, and The Backyardigans “brings some of the most popular kids programming to Prime Instant Video, making it the perfect place for the whole family to catch up on all their favorites,” says Director of Digital Video Content Acquisition Brad Beale. Amazon’s Prime Instant Video service.
Amazon Beefs Up Kids Offerings With Streaming Deal For PBS Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Business News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Point.360 To Acquire Troubled Postproduction House Modern VideoFilm
- Time Warner Cable Nears A Decision On A New Merger Deal – Reports
- Hollywood Teamsters Reach Contract Deal With Basic Crafts Unions
- Martha Coolidge: Blaming DGA For Lack Of Female Directors Is “Dangerous Side-Path”