The new multi-year deal includes NOVA, Masterpiece and Ken Burns documentaries and PBS KIDS series including Caillou, Arthur, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Dinosaur Train and Wild Kratts, the companies say. The arrangement continues the arms race with Netflix to land children’s shows — kids are a key market for streaming services. (Netflix recently announced a major deal with DreamWorks Animation.) Amazon says that the PBS KIDS shows will be available on its Kindle FreeTime Unlimited service, which, paradoxically for a service that bills itself as being “unlimited,” is designed to help parents limit viewing time. The new arrangement along with Amazon’s recent deal with Viacom to offer shows including Dora the Explorer, Go Diego, Go!, and The Backyardigans “brings some of the most popular kids programming to Prime Instant Video, making it the perfect place for the whole family to catch up on all their favorites,” says Director of Digital Video Content Acquisition Brad Beale. Amazon’s Prime Instant Video service.
Amazon Beefs Up Kids Offerings With Streaming Deal For PBS Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Business News
- Weinstein Co. Bidder Emerges, Promises Majority Female Leadership
- Ava DuVernay & Ryan Coogler Celebrate People Of Color In Film: “A Hero Doesn’t Have To Be Defined So Narrowly”…
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- President Donald Trump On LaVar Ball Diss: “I Should Have Left Them In Jail!”
- Mel Tillis Dies: The Country Music Hall Of Famer And Actor Was 85
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 11 – Kneeling Continues After Veteran’s Day Respite