FremantleMedia and Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment are hitting a milestone with the latest local adaptation of their Got Talent format. In what the companies claim is a record for a talent show, the franchise will launch its 55th version in Afghanistan in the fall. Afghanistan’s Got Talent will air on 1TV Media, a privately-owned commercial station based in Kabul. It’s understood that Afghan stars will make up the judging panel, but a UK media report suggests that foreign military troops serving in the area may be eligible to audition. Per Fremantle and Syco, further local Got Talent iterations are on the way. Got Talent Brasil and Kazakhstan’s Got Talent are among recent launches. In the UK, Britain’s Got Talent is coming off a strong season 7 and the U.S.’ America’s Got Talent is in its 8th go-round. That version has been sold to 180 countries.
‘Afghanistan’s Got Talent’ Is Latest Local Version In Simon Cowell Franchise
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More