FremantleMedia and Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment are hitting a milestone with the latest local adaptation of their Got Talent format. In what the companies claim is a record for a talent show, the franchise will launch its 55th version in Afghanistan in the fall. Afghanistan’s Got Talent will air on 1TV Media, a privately-owned commercial station based in Kabul. It’s understood that Afghan stars will make up the judging panel, but a UK media report suggests that foreign military troops serving in the area may be eligible to audition. Per Fremantle and Syco, further local Got Talent iterations are on the way. Got Talent Brasil and Kazakhstan’s Got Talent are among recent launches. In the UK, Britain’s Got Talent is coming off a strong season 7 and the U.S.’ America’s Got Talent is in its 8th go-round. That version has been sold to 180 countries.
‘Afghanistan’s Got Talent’ Is Latest Local Version In Simon Cowell Franchise
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest International News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims