EXCLUSIVE: ABC is keeping single-camera comedy pilot Middle Age Rage in contention by extending the options on the cast until September so it has more time to contemplate the project’s future. Created by Cheryl Holliday, Middle Age Rage stars Annie Mumolo as a middle-aged wife and mother who is fed up with feeling invisible and begins to speak up and demand the respect she feels she’s earned. The Amblin TV/ABC Studios pilot flew largely under the radar until it started getting positive feedback after it was delivered to the network. Middle Age Rage was among the large pool of half-hour pilots that were in the running at ABC this year. The network and ABC Studios also tried to get another well-received comedy pilot that didn’t make the cut in May, Bad Management, picked up to series through an alternative production model but the idea didn’t pan out. Co-starring with Mumolo on Middle Age Rage are Will Sasso, Melanie Leishman, Wyatt Oleff, Kellee Stewart and Skyler Gisondo.
ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Middle Age Rage’ Stays Alive WIth Cast Options Extension
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21