28 Entertainment has snagged rights to tell the life story of country icon George Jones, who died April 26th in Nashville at the age of 81. Dennis L. Baxter will script the project which he will also produce with LA-based 28 Entertainment’s father-and-son team of Jay Hoffman and Brian A. Hoffman. Jones and wife Nancy first teamed up with Baxter six years ago on the project, which Nancy will exec produce. Story follows Jones’ rise to fame and success despite his struggle with alcoholism and drug abuse. Chris Corabi negotiated the deal on behalf of 28 Entertainment with Jess Rosen of Greenberg Traurig on behalf of George and Nancy Jones.
28 Entertainment Acquires Rights To George Jones Biopic
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV