28 Entertainment has snagged rights to tell the life story of country icon George Jones, who died April 26th in Nashville at the age of 81. Dennis L. Baxter will script the project which he will also produce with LA-based 28 Entertainment’s father-and-son team of Jay Hoffman and Brian A. Hoffman. Jones and wife Nancy first teamed up with Baxter six years ago on the project, which Nancy will exec produce. Story follows Jones’ rise to fame and success despite his struggle with alcoholism and drug abuse. Chris Corabi negotiated the deal on behalf of 28 Entertainment with Jess Rosen of Greenberg Traurig on behalf of George and Nancy Jones.
28 Entertainment Acquires Rights To George Jones Biopic
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End
- Taylor Louderman & Alanna Saunders Join 'Peter Pan Live!'
- DeadlineNow Reviews: 'Gotham' (Video)