28 Entertainment has snagged rights to tell the life story of country icon George Jones, who died April 26th in Nashville at the age of 81. Dennis L. Baxter will script the project which he will also produce with LA-based 28 Entertainment’s father-and-son team of Jay Hoffman and Brian A. Hoffman. Jones and wife Nancy first teamed up with Baxter six years ago on the project, which Nancy will exec produce. Story follows Jones’ rise to fame and success despite his struggle with alcoholism and drug abuse. Chris Corabi negotiated the deal on behalf of 28 Entertainment with Jess Rosen of Greenberg Traurig on behalf of George and Nancy Jones.
28 Entertainment Acquires Rights To George Jones Biopic
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?