Baltasar Kormákur‘s breakout film 101 Reykjavik debuted in competition at Locarno in 2000. The director returns to the fest this year with actioner 2 Guns. The Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg film will be released Stateside on August 2 and have its international premiere in Locarno on August 7. The story follows two undercover federal operatives from competing bureaus who are forced on the run together. Universal is releasing domestically. French documentary On The Way To School closes the fest August 17.
‘2 Guns’ To Have International Premiere As Locarno Film Festival Opener
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More