Zodiak and Jeff Apploff have a long history, with the veteran showrunner creating and producing the RDF/Zodiak game show Don’t Forget The Lyrics for Fox and syndication. The deal marks the first partnership for Zodiak Americas, which launched in July as a consolidation of its production businesses in North, Central and South America that mirrors the reality TV producer’s structure in other territories. Apploff and his Apploff Entertainment will focus on creating new, unscripted formats to be co-produced with Zodiak in the U.S. and distributed internationally by Zodiak Rights. “We’ve designed this deal as the template for the future of our North American business,” Zodiak Americas CEO Jonny Slow said in announcing the deal. “It allows producers like Jeff to remain independent and maintain a distinctive voice while simultaneously providing them with a highly motivated international partner and the global infrastructure necessary to drive a hit show.” Apploff Entertainment will relocate to Zodiak’s Santa Monica office and work with Zodiak Americas COO Tony Yates, who executive produced Don’t Forget The Lyrics with Apploff. The deal will fund specific development resources for Apploff and provides him with access to Zodiak’s local development teams in more than 20 countries.
Zodiak Americas Pacts With Creator-Producer Jeff Apploff
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special”
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials