Zodiak and Jeff Apploff have a long history, with the veteran showrunner creating and producing the RDF/Zodiak game show Don’t Forget The Lyrics for Fox and syndication. The deal marks the first partnership for Zodiak Americas, which launched in July as a consolidation of its production businesses in North, Central and South America that mirrors the reality TV producer’s structure in other territories. Apploff and his Apploff Entertainment will focus on creating new, unscripted formats to be co-produced with Zodiak in the U.S. and distributed internationally by Zodiak Rights. “We’ve designed this deal as the template for the future of our North American business,” Zodiak Americas CEO Jonny Slow said in announcing the deal. “It allows producers like Jeff to remain independent and maintain a distinctive voice while simultaneously providing them with a highly motivated international partner and the global infrastructure necessary to drive a hit show.” Apploff Entertainment will relocate to Zodiak’s Santa Monica office and work with Zodiak Americas COO Tony Yates, who executive produced Don’t Forget The Lyrics with Apploff. The deal will fund specific development resources for Apploff and provides him with access to Zodiak’s local development teams in more than 20 countries.
Zodiak Americas Pacts With Creator-Producer Jeff Apploff
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…