Google‘s paid YouTube subscription plans have been speculated over for months but could be officially announced as soon as this week, according to FT. The plan would make as many as 50 specialty YouTube channels offering premium content available to paying users. Reports of the move first surfaced in January. Implementation has been projected to begin mid-year and could cost users $1.99-$5 per month with about 45% of subscription revenue going to YouTube.
YouTube Close To Announcing Paid Subscription Plan: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video