Google‘s paid YouTube subscription plans have been speculated over for months but could be officially announced as soon as this week, according to FT. The plan would make as many as 50 specialty YouTube channels offering premium content available to paying users. Reports of the move first surfaced in January. Implementation has been projected to begin mid-year and could cost users $1.99-$5 per month with about 45% of subscription revenue going to YouTube.
YouTube Close To Announcing Paid Subscription Plan: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- And The Winner For Grandest Oscar Party Invite…
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight