I’ve learned that the informal writers room for Incursion, Starz‘s alien drama project from Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight, has started to ramp down. I hear the decision was made based on the fact that enough scripts had been written for a full series order. The project, which follows a squad of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race, remains in consideration for a pickup as Starz is evaluating it. Incursion follows Starz’s development model where projects go straight to series, so the network regularly sets up writers rooms to develop a season’s worth of scripts before greenlighting a show. The pay cable network just authorized the launch of a writers room for Ron Moore’s Outlander. “Incursion remains in development at Starz, and we are very much in the Steven DeKnight business,” a rep for Starz said. Incursion, which also has scouted potential locations and done creature creation work, is part of an overall deal DeKnight has with the network.
Writers Room On Starz Drama ‘Incursion’ To Close, Project Still In Contention
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Aquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot