I’ve learned that the informal writers room for Incursion, Starz‘s alien drama project from Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight, has started to ramp down. I hear the decision was made based on the fact that enough scripts had been written for a full series order. The project, which follows a squad of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race, remains in consideration for a pickup as Starz is evaluating it. Incursion follows Starz’s development model where projects go straight to series, so the network regularly sets up writers rooms to develop a season’s worth of scripts before greenlighting a show. The pay cable network just authorized the launch of a writers room for Ron Moore’s Outlander. “Incursion remains in development at Starz, and we are very much in the Steven DeKnight business,” a rep for Starz said. Incursion, which also has scouted potential locations and done creature creation work, is part of an overall deal DeKnight has with the network.
Writers Room On Starz Drama ‘Incursion’ To Close, Project Still In Contention
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess