The Writers Guild Foundation has tapped a civil rights attorney as its next leader. Katie Buckland, former executive director of the California Women’s Law Center, a legal advocacy group targeting the civil rights of women and girls, will replace the retired Angela Kirgo, who stepped down after two decades. Earlier in her career, Buckland served Bill Clinton’s presidential campaigns and the Democratic National Committee and was communications director for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office. Founded in 1966, the WGF works to preserve the history of screen and television writing and advancing excellence in writing.
Katie Buckland Penciled In As Next Head Of Writers Guild Foundation
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'