The Writers Guild Foundation has tapped a civil rights attorney as its next leader. Katie Buckland, former executive director of the California Women’s Law Center, a legal advocacy group targeting the civil rights of women and girls, will replace the retired Angela Kirgo, who stepped down after two decades. Earlier in her career, Buckland served Bill Clinton’s presidential campaigns and the Democratic National Committee and was communications director for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office. Founded in 1966, the WGF works to preserve the history of screen and television writing and advancing excellence in writing.
Katie Buckland Penciled In As Next Head Of Writers Guild Foundation
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy