EXCLUSIVE: Writer-producer Doris Egan (House) has signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios. Under the pact, she will join the studio’s high-profile new CW drama Reign as co-executive producer. Created by Laurie McCarthy and Stephanie SenGupta, Reign, a soapy reimagining of the teenage years of Mary Queen of Scots (Adelaide Kane) in the French Court, is one of the buzziest new CW series and landed the coveted post-Vampire Diaries slot on the fall schedule. On Reign, Egan will work with McCarthy as SenGupta departed the project last week. Egan, repped by WME and Rain Management Group, was co-executive producer of House for six years. She most recently was co-exec producer on Starz’s upcoming pirate drama Black Sails, from producer Michael Bay, and also developed/co-wrote a Frankenstein series with Laeta Kalogridis at the premium net.
Writer Doris Egan Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios, Joins ‘Reign’ As Co-EP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'