EXCLUSIVE: Writer-producer Doris Egan (House) has signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios. Under the pact, she will join the studio’s high-profile new CW drama Reign as co-executive producer. Created by Laurie McCarthy and Stephanie SenGupta, Reign, a soapy reimagining of the teenage years of Mary Queen of Scots (Adelaide Kane) in the French Court, is one of the buzziest new CW series and landed the coveted post-Vampire Diaries slot on the fall schedule. On Reign, Egan will work with McCarthy as SenGupta departed the project last week. Egan, repped by WME and Rain Management Group, was co-executive producer of House for six years. She most recently was co-exec producer on Starz’s upcoming pirate drama Black Sails, from producer Michael Bay, and also developed/co-wrote a Frankenstein series with Laeta Kalogridis at the premium net.
Writer Doris Egan Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios, Joins ‘Reign’ As Co-EP
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'