EXCLUSIVE: Writer-producer Doris Egan (House) has signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios. Under the pact, she will join the studio’s high-profile new CW drama Reign as co-executive producer. Created by Laurie McCarthy and Stephanie SenGupta, Reign, a soapy reimagining of the teenage years of Mary Queen of Scots (Adelaide Kane) in the French Court, is one of the buzziest new CW series and landed the coveted post-Vampire Diaries slot on the fall schedule. On Reign, Egan will work with McCarthy as SenGupta departed the project last week. Egan, repped by WME and Rain Management Group, was co-executive producer of House for six years. She most recently was co-exec producer on Starz’s upcoming pirate drama Black Sails, from producer Michael Bay, and also developed/co-wrote a Frankenstein series with Laeta Kalogridis at the premium net.
Writer Doris Egan Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios, Joins ‘Reign’ As Co-EP
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox