Wrekin Hill Entertainment acquired U.S. rights to the Bille August-directed thriller Night Train To Lisbon from K5 International. Pic is an adaptation of the Pascal Mercier novel starring Jeremy Irons, Jack Huston, Melanie Laurent, Martina Gedeck, August Deihl, Bruno Ganz, Lena Olin, Christopher Lee and Charlotte Rampling. It premiered at Berlin. The plot follows Swiss professor Raimund Gregorius (Irons), who meets a beautiful and mysterious young Portuguese woman in Berne. Through her, he learns of a mesmerizing book by Portuguese author Amadeu de Prado, which compels him to spontaneously abandon the boring life he has led and to embark on an enthralling adventure in Lisbon. The film has already been released successfully in several foreign territories including Italy, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Portugal, Italy and in Germany, where the film’s German distributor Concorde has seen the film surpass the $5 million mark at the box office. K5 is handling international sales.
Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights To ‘Night Train To Lisbon’
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations