EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed the screenwriting team of Kirsten “Kiwi” Smith and Karen McCullah, whose breakout came off the spec 10 Things I Hate About You and whose other credits include Legally Blonde, The Ugly Truth, The House Bunny and She’s The Man. They’ve established themselves as the go-to chicks for chick fare, and they are currently scripting The Expendabelles, the female spinoff of Millennium Films’ The Expendables franchise. They also scripted the romantic comedy The Panic Zone, which is out to cast. Smith has separately helmed two shorts sponsored by Glamour Magazine, both of which starred Anna Faris. She was also exec producer of Whip It! McCullah wrote and produced Crazy Kind Of Love, which opens May 31. Both are novelists. The scribes are leaving Paradigm as their longtime agent Lee Cohen becomes a consultant there. Jaret Entertainment’s Seth Jaret continues to manage them.
WME Signs ‘Legally Blonde’ Tandem Kirsten Smith And Karen McCullah
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest Film News
- Attorney Gloria Allred, Subject Of Emmy-Contending Doc, On Bill Cosby Sentencing, Friars Roast & ‘Seeing Allred…
- ‘A Simple Favor’ Teaser: Anna Kendrick & Blake Lively In Thriller From Paul Feig
- Vancouver’s Public Transportation Service “Pauses” Relationship With Morgan Freeman Following Allegations
- Blumhouse Acquiring ‘Intruders,’ Tommy Wirkola’s Next Thriller
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- ‘Shooting In Vain’ Trailer: Indie Drama About The Needle And The Damage Done