EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed the screenwriting team of Kirsten “Kiwi” Smith and Karen McCullah, whose breakout came off the spec 10 Things I Hate About You and whose other credits include Legally Blonde, The Ugly Truth, The House Bunny and She’s The Man. They’ve established themselves as the go-to chicks for chick fare, and they are currently scripting The Expendabelles, the female spinoff of Millennium Films’ The Expendables franchise. They also scripted the romantic comedy The Panic Zone, which is out to cast. Smith has separately helmed two shorts sponsored by Glamour Magazine, both of which starred Anna Faris. She was also exec producer of Whip It! McCullah wrote and produced Crazy Kind Of Love, which opens May 31. Both are novelists. The scribes are leaving Paradigm as their longtime agent Lee Cohen becomes a consultant there. Jaret Entertainment’s Seth Jaret continues to manage them.
WME Signs ‘Legally Blonde’ Tandem Kirsten Smith And Karen McCullah
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount