EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired The Asterisk, an action spec script by Jordan Goldberg and Alex Paraskevas. The studio’s keeping the logline quiet, but the spec is in the vein of Lethal Weapon and Beverly Hills Cop. Warner Bros did very well with the former. The scribe team most recently wrote The Gun Eaters for Paramount, which Oasis Media Group is producing. They recently rewrote Transcendence for Wally Pfister and Alcon Entertainment. UTA, Oasis Media Group and Bloom Hergott rep the scribes.
Warner Bros Buys Action Spec ‘The Asterisk’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’ s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey