You won’t see any Audi S7s zooming around in Paramount‘s Star Trek Into Darkness. That doesn’t mean the luxury automaker and the sci-fi property can’t brand-meld together in the name of marketing synergy. (Audi’s not even Star Trek‘s official auto brand partner — Mazda is.) Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy play with their Spock connection in Audi’s new “The Challenge” ad ahead of the pic’s May 17 bow. Quinto may have the slicker ride, but Nimoy appeals to the Trekkie demo with his signature move and squeezes in a shout-out to his own Lord Of The Rings history for extra geek cache:
‘Star Trek’s Spocks Shill For Audi: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'
- Jen On Genre: Brawling At Fantastic Fest; Stan Lee Capes His Career With Bollywood Creation
- Jen's Genre Heroes: Nicolas Refn Bares His Rebel Self In 'My Life'