You won’t see any Audi S7s zooming around in Paramount‘s Star Trek Into Darkness. That doesn’t mean the luxury automaker and the sci-fi property can’t brand-meld together in the name of marketing synergy. (Audi’s not even Star Trek‘s official auto brand partner — Mazda is.) Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy play with their Spock connection in Audi’s new “The Challenge” ad ahead of the pic’s May 17 bow. Quinto may have the slicker ride, but Nimoy appeals to the Trekkie demo with his signature move and squeezes in a shout-out to his own Lord Of The Rings history for extra geek cache:
‘Star Trek’s Spocks Shill For Audi: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'