You won’t see any Audi S7s zooming around in Paramount‘s Star Trek Into Darkness. That doesn’t mean the luxury automaker and the sci-fi property can’t brand-meld together in the name of marketing synergy. (Audi’s not even Star Trek‘s official auto brand partner — Mazda is.) Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy play with their Spock connection in Audi’s new “The Challenge” ad ahead of the pic’s May 17 bow. Quinto may have the slicker ride, but Nimoy appeals to the Trekkie demo with his signature move and squeezes in a shout-out to his own Lord Of The Rings history for extra geek cache:
‘Star Trek’s Spocks Shill For Audi: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'