You won’t see any Audi S7s zooming around in Paramount‘s Star Trek Into Darkness. That doesn’t mean the luxury automaker and the sci-fi property can’t brand-meld together in the name of marketing synergy. (Audi’s not even Star Trek‘s official auto brand partner — Mazda is.) Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy play with their Spock connection in Audi’s new “The Challenge” ad ahead of the pic’s May 17 bow. Quinto may have the slicker ride, but Nimoy appeals to the Trekkie demo with his signature move and squeezes in a shout-out to his own Lord Of The Rings history for extra geek cache:
‘Star Trek’s Spocks Shill For Audi: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy's Michael Rooker Rejoins Jazz Biopic 'Bolden'
- Giovanni Ribisi, Juno Temple & More Join 'Meadowland'