The jokes about CBS‘ appeal to gray-haired viewers “are over” the company chief tells CNBC’s David Faber this morning now that the network is poised to end this season No. 1 among 18- to 49-year-olds for the first time in 23 years. Les Moonves enters the upfront ad sales season feeling “pretty cocky” due to CBS’ strong ratings, and price increases in the scatter market. Meanwhile, he says that with stock repurchases investors can expect a “great chunk” of the cash the company will collect soon from its efforts to restructure and sell its billboard business.
Don’t Call CBS The “Old Fogey Network” Any More, Les Moonves Says: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Business News
- Rupert Murdoch Tweet: Sale Of Tribune, LA Times Looking Imminent
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Bones’ EP Sues Fox Over Profit Participation, Accuses Top Execs Of Cancellation Threats
- SAG-AFTRA Executive’s Daughter Returns Home Safely – Update