EXCLUSIVE: The hitman thriller from Filipino filmmaker Erik Matti (Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles) follows prison inmates tapped to work as assassins for corrupt officials and wardens and is inspired by actual events. Pic debuts in the Directors’ Fortnight section at Cannes this week as one of two Southeast Asian selections in the sidebar. XYZ Films is handling international sales. Check out the Cannes trailer exclusively at Deadline:
Hot Cannes Trailer: ‘On The Job’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016