They look just like it was the early 1990s. VH1 today put out the first photo from its upcoming biopic Crazy Sexy Cool: The TLC Story. Left to right, there’s Drew Sidora as Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins, Keke Palmer as Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas, and Lil’ Mama as Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes in the upcoming TV movie about the R&B/hip-hop/pop group. Drumline’s Charles Stone III is directing from a screenplay by What’s Love Got To Do With It’s Kate Lanier. The film started production in March in Atlanta where Chilli, Left Eye and T-Boz started their rise to multi-platinum fame as one of the most successful musical trios of all time. The two surviving members of the group, Chilli and T-Boz, serve as consultants and executive producers on the movie. The pic is scheduled to come out toward the end of the year.
VH1 Releases 1st Look At TLC Biopic: Photo
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot