EXCLUSIVE: Trip Taylor and Bobby Pura have signed with UTA. The agency will represent the duo’s company The Uprising in all areas; they were previously with WME. Taylor was an executive producer on all the Jackass movies and a producer on the stunt-fueled TV series. He also was the EP on MTV’s Nitro Circus and Wildboyz. A former MTV development exec, Pura was a producer on Jackass: The Movie in 2002 and exec produced the Venus And Serena: For Real series in 2005, among others. The two formed The Uprising in 2010. The company focuses on features, action sport shows, reality series and documentaries. The Uprising signing comes on the heels of Uma Thurman joining UTA this week for TV and film representation, the second new agency for the actress in as many years. Thurman joined WME in September 2012 after leaving CAA in October 2011. She continues to also be repped by Untitled Entertainment.
UTA Signs ‘Jackass’ Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn