EXCLUSIVE: Trip Taylor and Bobby Pura have signed with UTA. The agency will represent the duo’s company The Uprising in all areas; they were previously with WME. Taylor was an executive producer on all the Jackass movies and a producer on the stunt-fueled TV series. He also was the EP on MTV’s Nitro Circus and Wildboyz. A former MTV development exec, Pura was a producer on Jackass: The Movie in 2002 and exec produced the Venus And Serena: For Real series in 2005, among others. The two formed The Uprising in 2010. The company focuses on features, action sport shows, reality series and documentaries. The Uprising signing comes on the heels of Uma Thurman joining UTA this week for TV and film representation, the second new agency for the actress in as many years. Thurman joined WME in September 2012 after leaving CAA in October 2011. She continues to also be repped by Untitled Entertainment.
UTA Signs ‘Jackass’ Producers
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks