Mark Wahlberg-starrer Lone Survivor will bow on January 10, 2014. It will face off against Warner Bros’ sports comedy Grudge Match and Lionsgate’s horror pic Jessabelle. Based on the New York Times bestseller, Lone Survivor tells the harrowing story of four Navy SEALs on an ill-fated covert mission to neutralize a high-level Taliban operative when they are ambushed by enemy forces in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan. Lone Survivor is directed by Peter Berg (Hancock, Friday Night Lights). Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch and Eric Bana also star. Universal Pictures, which developed the movie with Berg, is distributing. Berg penned the adaptation after embedding with a SEAL team for a month in Iraq. Emmett/Furla Films financed the pic.
Universal’s ‘Lone Survivor’ Gets January 2014 Release Date
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)