Mark Wahlberg-starrer Lone Survivor will bow on January 10, 2014. It will face off against Warner Bros’ sports comedy Grudge Match and Lionsgate’s horror pic Jessabelle. Based on the New York Times bestseller, Lone Survivor tells the harrowing story of four Navy SEALs on an ill-fated covert mission to neutralize a high-level Taliban operative when they are ambushed by enemy forces in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan. Lone Survivor is directed by Peter Berg (Hancock, Friday Night Lights). Taylor Kitsch, Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch and Eric Bana also star. Universal Pictures, which developed the movie with Berg, is distributing. Berg penned the adaptation after embedding with a SEAL team for a month in Iraq. Emmett/Furla Films financed the pic.
Universal’s ‘Lone Survivor’ Gets January 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Search’s Sev Ohanian Wins Sundance Institute/Amazon Studios Producers Award
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal: Sundance
- Wanda Chief Predicts Comeback In 2018 After 10.8% Revenue Drop In 2017
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- Andrea Riseborough And ‘Nancy’ Director Christina Choe On Finding Truth In Fiction – Sundance Studio