Universal had its big-budget dino sequel set for June 13, 2014. But director Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) had only come aboard in March, leaving a narrow window for production on the CG-heavy pic. “In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date, giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise,” the studio said today in a statement. “We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise’s storied history.” A new release date was not announced.
Universal Postpones ‘Jurassic Park 4′ Release; No New Date Set
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'
- Channing Tatum, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Launch 'Team Oscar'
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Indicted For Fraud
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'