Universal had its big-budget dino sequel set for June 13, 2014. But director Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) had only come aboard in March, leaving a narrow window for production on the CG-heavy pic. “In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date, giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise,” the studio said today in a statement. “We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise’s storied history.” A new release date was not announced.
Universal Postpones ‘Jurassic Park 4′ Release; No New Date Set
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz