Universal had its big-budget dino sequel set for June 13, 2014. But director Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) had only come aboard in March, leaving a narrow window for production on the CG-heavy pic. “In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date, giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise,” the studio said today in a statement. “We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise’s storied history.” A new release date was not announced.
Universal Postpones ‘Jurassic Park 4′ Release; No New Date Set
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast