It’s two for two for Tyler Perry on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN. The premiere of Perry’s comedy Love Thy Neighbor last night pulled in 1.65 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating in the W25-54 demo for its 9 PM debut. That’s the second highest debut of any show in OWN’s history. First place goes to the debut of Perry’s drama The Haves and the Have Nots, which premiered on May 28. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor actually out performed the premiere. The 9:30 airing of the family restaurant comedy series garnered 1.8 million viewers with a 1.56 rating in the W25-54 demo. That’s a 9% rise in viewers and an 8% rise in the demo. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor matches the viewership of the second episode of The Have and the Have Nots from the night before. Both series are produced by Tyler Perry Studios.
Tyler Perry’s ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ Debuts Strong On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement