It’s two for two for Tyler Perry on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN. The premiere of Perry’s comedy Love Thy Neighbor last night pulled in 1.65 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating in the W25-54 demo for its 9 PM debut. That’s the second highest debut of any show in OWN’s history. First place goes to the debut of Perry’s drama The Haves and the Have Nots, which premiered on May 28. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor actually out performed the premiere. The 9:30 airing of the family restaurant comedy series garnered 1.8 million viewers with a 1.56 rating in the W25-54 demo. That’s a 9% rise in viewers and an 8% rise in the demo. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor matches the viewership of the second episode of The Have and the Have Nots from the night before. Both series are produced by Tyler Perry Studios.
Tyler Perry’s ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ Debuts Strong On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit