It’s two for two for Tyler Perry on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN. The premiere of Perry’s comedy Love Thy Neighbor last night pulled in 1.65 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating in the W25-54 demo for its 9 PM debut. That’s the second highest debut of any show in OWN’s history. First place goes to the debut of Perry’s drama The Haves and the Have Nots, which premiered on May 28. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor actually out performed the premiere. The 9:30 airing of the family restaurant comedy series garnered 1.8 million viewers with a 1.56 rating in the W25-54 demo. That’s a 9% rise in viewers and an 8% rise in the demo. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor matches the viewership of the second episode of The Have and the Have Nots from the night before. Both series are produced by Tyler Perry Studios.
Tyler Perry’s ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ Debuts Strong On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- IFC Developing Revenge Comedy From Erin Simon & Kim Karp
- Charles Roven's Atlas Artists Adds Tory Howard, Nicholas Todisco To Management Team
- $15M Anti-Semitic, Anti-USA & Gender Bias Lawsuit "Absurd" Says Al Jazeera America CEO
- John Oliver Flunks U.S. Education System Over Its Standardized Test Mania
- Carly Fiorina Announces White House Bid On ‘Good Morning America’
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians: About Bruce’ Debuts On E!