It’s two for two for Tyler Perry on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN. The premiere of Perry’s comedy Love Thy Neighbor last night pulled in 1.65 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating in the W25-54 demo for its 9 PM debut. That’s the second highest debut of any show in OWN’s history. First place goes to the debut of Perry’s drama The Haves and the Have Nots, which premiered on May 28. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor actually out performed the premiere. The 9:30 airing of the family restaurant comedy series garnered 1.8 million viewers with a 1.56 rating in the W25-54 demo. That’s a 9% rise in viewers and an 8% rise in the demo. The second episode of Love Thy Neighbor matches the viewership of the second episode of The Have and the Have Nots from the night before. Both series are produced by Tyler Perry Studios.
Tyler Perry’s ‘Love Thy Neighbor’ Debuts Strong On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016