EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Harper had an offspring?! CBS‘ Two And A Half Men will look more like Two Guys And A Girl next season. I’ve learned that the veteran comedy, which earlier this month was renewed for an 11th season, will introduce a new female series regular character next fall. The role, a high-profile gig for a young actress, will bring in a major plot twist to the show: I hear the girl, in her late teens or early 20s, shows up on Walden Schmidt’s (Ashton Kutcher) doorstep searching for her father. She claims to be a daughter of the house’s previous owner, recently departed perennial bachelor Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen). I hear the girl will eventually move in with Walden and her uncle Alan Harper (Jon Cryer). The new character is expected to fill the void left by the departure of Alan’s son Jake as Angus T. Jones recently exited as a regular after 10 seasons on the show. With the new addition, Two And A Half Men will have subbed two of the three characters in the title, following the successful transition from original leading man Sheen to Kutcher two years ago.
‘Two & A Half Men’ Adds New Series Regular — Charlie Harper’s Long Lost Daughter
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'