EXCLUSIVE: Charlie Harper had an offspring?! CBS‘ Two And A Half Men will look more like Two Guys And A Girl next season. I’ve learned that the veteran comedy, which earlier this month was renewed for an 11th season, will introduce a new female series regular character next fall. The role, a high-profile gig for a young actress, will bring in a major plot twist to the show: I hear the girl, in her late teens or early 20s, shows up on Walden Schmidt’s (Ashton Kutcher) doorstep searching for her father. She claims to be a daughter of the house’s previous owner, recently departed perennial bachelor Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen). I hear the girl will eventually move in with Walden and her uncle Alan Harper (Jon Cryer). The new character is expected to fill the void left by the departure of Alan’s son Jake as Angus T. Jones recently exited as a regular after 10 seasons on the show. With the new addition, Two And A Half Men will have subbed two of the three characters in the title, following the successful transition from original leading man Sheen to Kutcher two years ago.
‘Two & A Half Men’ Adds New Series Regular — Charlie Harper’s Long Lost Daughter
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
- Major League Baseball Makes Pitch To Speed Up Games
- Sony Pictures Television Reshuffles International Production Team
- Olympics Ratings Rise From 2018 Low; Down From 2014 On 2nd Sunday Of Games
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals