Here we go again. Last May, Fox, NBC and ABC all scheduled single-camera comedies from 9-10 PM on Tuesday, a move CBS’ scheduling czar Kelly Kahl called a “comedy sigalert.” Of the comedies scheduled in the hour last year, only Fox’s New Girl and The Mindy Project survived and continue in the slot. Meanwhile, ABC and NBC are both back at it, with ABC scheduling new comedies The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife in the fall and NBC slating Welcome To The Family and About A Boy in midseason. “Last year, we had very similar comedies airing against each other,” ABC president Paul Lee said today about the scheduling move. “Now we have a blockbuster show at 8 PM (Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.), we will be promoting The Goldbergs, and we’re playing from strength as (ABC comedies are tackling) areas nobody is.” It is true that last year, most 9-10 PM comedies were ensembles about single people (New Girl, Mindy, ABC’s Happy Endings and Don’t Trust The B—-, and NBC’s Go On), but this year both ABC and NBC are going for family fare in the hour.
Tuesday “Comedy Sigalert” Back With Fox, NBC & ABC Again Doing 9-10 PM Block
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate