Here we go again. Last May, Fox, NBC and ABC all scheduled single-camera comedies from 9-10 PM on Tuesday, a move CBS’ scheduling czar Kelly Kahl called a “comedy sigalert.” Of the comedies scheduled in the hour last year, only Fox’s New Girl and The Mindy Project survived and continue in the slot. Meanwhile, ABC and NBC are both back at it, with ABC scheduling new comedies The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife in the fall and NBC slating Welcome To The Family and About A Boy in midseason. “Last year, we had very similar comedies airing against each other,” ABC president Paul Lee said today about the scheduling move. “Now we have a blockbuster show at 8 PM (Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.), we will be promoting The Goldbergs, and we’re playing from strength as (ABC comedies are tackling) areas nobody is.” It is true that last year, most 9-10 PM comedies were ensembles about single people (New Girl, Mindy, ABC’s Happy Endings and Don’t Trust The B—-, and NBC’s Go On), but this year both ABC and NBC are going for family fare in the hour.
Tuesday “Comedy Sigalert” Back With Fox, NBC & ABC Again Doing 9-10 PM Block
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot