The Voice judge and Oklahoma native said last night that he wanted to put together a relief concert in support of victims of the massive Oklahoma tornado that hit earlier this week, killing dozens. Now NBC is working fast to make it happen. If it comes together, I understand the Blake Shelton-led concert would be held early next week — the network is putting together a few more elements, including where the event will be held. Details about the performances are sketchy, but it’s anticipated that several of Shelton’s Voice co-judges would be involved. Shelton performed a song with wife Miranda Lambert during last night’s live episode of The Voice as Red Cross donation information played on the screen.TV benefits like this can come together quickly. In November, NBC hosted a commercial-free live one-hour benefit telethon Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together less than a week after the superstorm made landfall in the U.S. Matt Lauer hosted the show that was carried across several NBC networks including USA, MSNBC, E! and by HBO, Discovery’s Fit & Health and Velocity networks and The Weather Channel and donations went to the Red Cross.
NBC Plans Blake Shelton Tornado Benefit Next Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Path’ Canceled After 3 Seasons On Hulu
- Study Finds Diversity In Television On The Rise, But Not Representative Of American Population
- ‘Moonbase 8’ Comedy From Fred Armisen, Tim Heidecker, Jonathan Krisel & John C. Reilly In Works By A24
- Cory Hardrict & Katrina Law On Taking ‘The Oath’, The Value Of 50 Cent & More – Next Generation TV
- James Comey’s ‘A Higher Loyalty’ Selling Three Times What ‘Fire And Fury’ Did In First Week
- Donald Trump Goes All ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ On Macron During White House Presser