“Did I just see breasts in front of me, or did I dream it?” asked Heidi Klum after two half-naked women protesters rushed the catwalk during yesterday’s finale of Germany’s Next Top Model TV show. Host Klum was onstage with the finalists when the women from the German feminist group Femen burst onto the set, one with “Heidi Horror Picture Show” written across her nude chest. Security quickly removed the women and Klum reportedly remained calm throughout. The group explained why it took the action on its Facebook page. “FEMEN regards the fashion industry as an element of pimp business and has consistently opposed the commercialization of the female body”, the statement reads in part. Germany’s Next Top Model is based on America’s Next Top Model reality series which gives women a chance to launch their career in the modeling industry. The German version launched in 2006.
Topless Protesters Crash Finale Of ‘Germany’s Next Top Model’ With Heidi Klum
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC