“Did I just see breasts in front of me, or did I dream it?” asked Heidi Klum after two half-naked women protesters rushed the catwalk during yesterday’s finale of Germany’s Next Top Model TV show. Host Klum was onstage with the finalists when the women from the German feminist group Femen burst onto the set, one with “Heidi Horror Picture Show” written across her nude chest. Security quickly removed the women and Klum reportedly remained calm throughout. The group explained why it took the action on its Facebook page. “FEMEN regards the fashion industry as an element of pimp business and has consistently opposed the commercialization of the female body”, the statement reads in part. Germany’s Next Top Model is based on America’s Next Top Model reality series which gives women a chance to launch their career in the modeling industry. The German version launched in 2006.
Topless Protesters Crash Finale Of ‘Germany’s Next Top Model’ With Heidi Klum
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years