EXCLUSIVE: Tom Welling has landed a role in Draft Day, the Lionsgate-Summit and Odd Lot Entertainment football movie starring Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary among a starry cast and is being directed by Ivan Reitman. Reitman’s Montecito Pictures is producing. Welling will play Brian Drew, a veteran quarterback in the crossroads of his career, in the story about a Cleveland Browns GM (Costner) who attempts to trade up for the first pick in the NFL Draft and save football in the city. Welling, the former Smallville star repped by WME, just wrapped a supporting turn in the JFK pic Parkland, and this one has also began shooting including during the real NFL Draft last month.
Tom Welling Suits Up For ‘Draft Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes 70th Bash: "Cinema Is With Manchester" Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks "Monsters...In Post-Truth Age"
Latest Film News
- Doug Liman Exits ‘Justice League Dark’ Movie
- Tom Cruise Says ‘Top Gun 2’ Will Be Filming “In The Next Year”
- Sony Pegs Release Dates For ‘The Nightingale’ And ‘Charlie’s Angels’
- Bona Film Group Stakes $80M On Roland Emmerich/Mark Gordon WWII Battle Pic ‘Midway:’ Cannes
- Film Allman Loses Case Against New York Marine Insurer: “No New Info From FBI”
- Youth Revolution On The Croisette As Screen Kids Take Over Cannes