After the heroic display of the Boston PD in the aftermath of the Marathon bombings, it seemed difficult for TNT not to pick up a second season of docudrama Boston’s Finest. The unscripted series, which offers viewers an up-close and very personal look at the men and women of the Boston Police Department, has now been renewed, with reruns to air on sister network CNN, which has been branching out into entertainment. Boston’s Finest averaged 1.3 million viewers in Live+7 . That is in line with last year’s The Great Escape, which was canceled after one season as TNT is yet to launch a breakout reality series, with none of its previous efforts earning a second-season renewal. Boston’s Finest is executive-produced by Boston native Donnie Wahlberg (Blue Bloods) and Seth Jarrett and Julie Insogna-Jarrett (Celebrity Ghost Stories) and comes to TNT from Jarrett and Insogna-Jarrett’s Jarrett Creative Group and Wahlberg’s Donnie D. Productions.
TNT’s ‘Boston’s Finest’ Renewed For Second Season, Encores To Air On CNN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- #8216;Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”