Howard Lee has been named EVP Production & Development for TLC based in the company’s Silver Spring, MD headquarters, the network’s GM Amy Winter said today. Lee will continue to oversee the network’s bi-coastal production and report to Winter. He also will continue as executive producer of the reality hit Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, which he created and co-developed. His other unscripted credits include Breaking Amish, Long Island Medium, Cake Boss, Sister Wives, Toddlers & Tiaras and The Little Couple. He joined the Discovery Communications-owned network in 2008. Before that he was VP Development and Production for the 2007 launch of Planet Green, which Discovery rebranded as Destination America last year. Prior to that, he was VP Development for the Travel Channel.
TLC Ups ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Creator Howard Lee To EVP Production
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016