EXCLUSIVE: He’s not playing a turtle in Paramount’s reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but William Fichtner is on board for the movie. Details on the actor’s role are sketchy, but Fichtner is said to be playing a lead with iconic stature in the Turtles’ mythology. A lead in last year’s Nat Geo TV movie SEAL Team Six: The Raid On Osama Bin Laden, Fichtner was a semi-regular on the last two seasons of HBO’s Entourage and also appeared on The West Wing as well as in 2008’s The Dark Knight. Turtles is the third tentpole has coming up, joining his villainous Butch Cavendish in Disney’s The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp and his appearance in the Neil Blomkamp-directed Elysium alongside Matt Damon. Both those movies are coming out this summer, while Turtles is being released on June 6, 2014. As for the Turtles themselves, as Deadline’s Mike Fleming Jr revealed in March, Hunger Games: Catching Fire’s Alan Ritchson will play Raphael in the Jonathan Liebesman-directed movie, Pete Ploszek will play Leonardo, Jeremy Howard will play Donatello, and Noel Fisher will play Michelangelo. Megan Fox is set to play the lead female role in the movie that her Transformers director Michael Bay is producing. Fichtner is repped by Intellectual Artists Management.
‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Adds William Fichtner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment