EXCLUSIVE: A new panel talk show with female hosts is entering the daytime space. I’ve learned that a syndicated talker hosted by actress-singer Tamera Mowry (Tia & Tamera), singer Tamar Braxton (Braxton Family Values), singer-actress Adrienne Bailon (The Cheetah Girls), TV personality Jeannie Mai (How Do I Look?) and comedian Loni Love will be getting a summer trial run on some of the Fox-owned stations. The exact markets and time periods are still being worked out but I hear the show, produced by Telepictures, is eyeing a July 8 launch. Titled The Real, the talker is said to be in the vein of The View and The Talk, but with a younger and entirely ethnic panel. (All five hosts are under 40.) The Real is looking to follow in the footsteps of another Telepictures syndicated talk show, Bethenny, which had a successful summer run on Fox stations last summer before getting a nationwide launch this fall. For the Fox stations, this is the second talk show that is being given a try this summer, along with Twentieth’s Kris, hosted by Kris Jenner, which premieres July 15.
Tamera Mowry & Tamar Braxton Among Hosts Of New Syndicated Talk Show Getting Summer Trial Run On Fox Stations
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better