EXCLUSIVE: A new panel talk show with female hosts is entering the daytime space. I’ve learned that a syndicated talker hosted by actress-singer Tamera Mowry (Tia & Tamera), singer Tamar Braxton (Braxton Family Values), singer-actress Adrienne Bailon (The Cheetah Girls), TV personality Jeannie Mai (How Do I Look?) and comedian Loni Love will be getting a summer trial run on some of the Fox-owned stations. The exact markets and time periods are still being worked out but I hear the show, produced by Telepictures, is eyeing a July 8 launch. Titled The Real, the talker is said to be in the vein of The View and The Talk, but with a younger and entirely ethnic panel. (All five hosts are under 40.) The Real is looking to follow in the footsteps of another Telepictures syndicated talk show, Bethenny, which had a successful summer run on Fox stations last summer before getting a nationwide launch this fall. For the Fox stations, this is the second talk show that is being given a try this summer, along with Twentieth’s Kris, hosted by Kris Jenner, which premieres July 15.
Tamera Mowry & Tamar Braxton Among Hosts Of New Syndicated Talk Show Getting Summer Trial Run On Fox Stations
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'