Superman turned 75 last month – coincidentally the same day a U.S. District Court ruling effectively ended Warner Bros’ long-running legal battle with one of the iconic character’s co-creators. Six weeks later, Warners and DC Entertainment have unveiled a 75th anniversary logo for the superhero, who debuted in Action Comics #1 in April 1938. The simple red-white-and-blue image, featuring a silhouetted Superman sporting his signature flowing cape and “S” on his chest, arrives in time to promote the hero’s latest big-screen turn in Man Of Steel, which Warners opens June 14.
Warners Reveals Identity Of Superman 75th Anniversary Logo
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney