Superman turned 75 last month – coincidentally the same day a U.S. District Court ruling effectively ended Warner Bros’ long-running legal battle with one of the iconic character’s co-creators. Six weeks later, Warners and DC Entertainment have unveiled a 75th anniversary logo for the superhero, who debuted in Action Comics #1 in April 1938. The simple red-white-and-blue image, featuring a silhouetted Superman sporting his signature flowing cape and “S” on his chest, arrives in time to promote the hero’s latest big-screen turn in Man Of Steel, which Warners opens June 14.
Warners Reveals Identity Of Superman 75th Anniversary Logo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'