Superman turned 75 last month – coincidentally the same day a U.S. District Court ruling effectively ended Warner Bros’ long-running legal battle with one of the iconic character’s co-creators. Six weeks later, Warners and DC Entertainment have unveiled a 75th anniversary logo for the superhero, who debuted in Action Comics #1 in April 1938. The simple red-white-and-blue image, featuring a silhouetted Superman sporting his signature flowing cape and “S” on his chest, arrives in time to promote the hero’s latest big-screen turn in Man Of Steel, which Warners opens June 14.
Warners Reveals Identity Of Superman 75th Anniversary Logo
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories