Superman turned 75 last month – coincidentally the same day a U.S. District Court ruling effectively ended Warner Bros’ long-running legal battle with one of the iconic character’s co-creators. Six weeks later, Warners and DC Entertainment have unveiled a 75th anniversary logo for the superhero, who debuted in Action Comics #1 in April 1938. The simple red-white-and-blue image, featuring a silhouetted Superman sporting his signature flowing cape and “S” on his chest, arrives in time to promote the hero’s latest big-screen turn in Man Of Steel, which Warners opens June 14.
Warners Reveals Identity Of Superman 75th Anniversary Logo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz