Revenge executive producer Sunil Nayar has inked a new overall deal with ABC Studios. Under the two-year pact, Nayar will continue as executive producer of the studio’s Revenge, taking over as showrunner when the soapy ABC drama is renewed for a third season as expected. Nayar had been the heir apparent to Revenge creator/executive producer/showrunner Mike Kelley, who recently left the show. Nayar has been at ABC Studios since 2010, spending two seasons as executive producer of the studios’ ABC drama Body Of Proof before segueing to Revenge last summer. CAA-repped Nayar started off as an assistant to Tom Fontana on Homicide before landing his first writing gig on Fontana’s HBO prison drama Oz. Before joining ABC Studios, he was at CBS Studios, where he spent more than five years on CSI: Miami, rising to an executive producer.
Sunil Nayar Signs Overall Deal With ABC Studios, Named ‘Revenge’ Showrunner
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips