Revenge executive producer Sunil Nayar has inked a new overall deal with ABC Studios. Under the two-year pact, Nayar will continue as executive producer of the studio’s Revenge, taking over as showrunner when the soapy ABC drama is renewed for a third season as expected. Nayar had been the heir apparent to Revenge creator/executive producer/showrunner Mike Kelley, who recently left the show. Nayar has been at ABC Studios since 2010, spending two seasons as executive producer of the studios’ ABC drama Body Of Proof before segueing to Revenge last summer. CAA-repped Nayar started off as an assistant to Tom Fontana on Homicide before landing his first writing gig on Fontana’s HBO prison drama Oz. Before joining ABC Studios, he was at CBS Studios, where he spent more than five years on CSI: Miami, rising to an executive producer.
Sunil Nayar Signs Overall Deal With ABC Studios, Named ‘Revenge’ Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'