Sundance Channel has renewed its first wholly owned original scripted series Rectify for a second season. The 10-episode order comes on the heels of Rectify‘s premiere last week. The series will end its freshman season May 20 and return for Season 2 in 2014. Rectify, about a man (Aden Young) released from prison after spending nearly two decades on death row, is created and written by Ray McKinnon and executive produced by Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. “We feel as though this story has tapped into something truly unique, with both critics and audiences using their platforms to share such strong, personal reactions to this very distinctive TV series,” said Sundance’s President and General Manager Sarah Barnett. Sundance and parent AMC Networks put a lot of muscle behind the launch of Rectify, putting the series on Sundance On Demand ahead of the premiere and getting its episodes to encore behind Mad Men on sibling AMC. Because Sundance is not rated by Nielsen, there is no ratings information on the Rectify premiere.
Sundance’s ‘Rectify’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks