Jon Cowan has closed a two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV. Cowan, who had been based at NBCUniversal, is currently an executive producer on USA Network’s Suits. The pact calls for Cowan to have a blind script deal with Fox that will lead into his overall, slated to start next May. “We had a fantastic experience with him in our last two development cycles, and every network is interested in his work”, 20th Century Fox TV chairman Gary Newman said. “He has a truly unique and remarkable voice and he can write just about any genre, from procedurals to thrillers to character-driven shows. He’s a really talented writer who we think will be a great addition to our roster”. Cowan, previously an executive producer on ABC’s Private Practice and NBC’s Crossing Jordan, is repped by UTA, manager Larry Shuman and attorney Bob Myman.
‘Suits’ Exec Producer Jon Cowan Inks Overall Deal At 20th TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rosie Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut
- Angela Lansbury Hits The Road With 'Blithe Spirit' Tour
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary