Jon Cowan has closed a two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV. Cowan, who had been based at NBCUniversal, is currently an executive producer on USA Network’s Suits. The pact calls for Cowan to have a blind script deal with Fox that will lead into his overall, slated to start next May. “We had a fantastic experience with him in our last two development cycles, and every network is interested in his work”, 20th Century Fox TV chairman Gary Newman said. “He has a truly unique and remarkable voice and he can write just about any genre, from procedurals to thrillers to character-driven shows. He’s a really talented writer who we think will be a great addition to our roster”. Cowan, previously an executive producer on ABC’s Private Practice and NBC’s Crossing Jordan, is repped by UTA, manager Larry Shuman and attorney Bob Myman.
‘Suits’ Exec Producer Jon Cowan Inks Overall Deal At 20th TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'