Paramount Pictures just announced it is shifting the official wide-release date of JJ Abrams’ sequel Star Trek Into Darkness from Friday, May 17 to Thursday, May 16 noting that sellouts are being reported for IMAX’s sneak-peek 8 PM shows Wednesday. IMAX screenings offering up about 30 minutes of footage shot with IMAX cameras are sold out in LA, NY, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Houston, San Diego and Minneapolis. The release date of the pic, from Paramount and Skydance, already had gotten a bump in the UK, where last month it was shifted up a week to May 9 in IMAX 3D, 3D and 2D cinemas.
‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Bow Moved Up
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations