EXCLUSIVE: Meredith Averill, the writer-executive producer of new CW series Star-Crossed, has signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios, which is behind the drama. Star-Crossed chronicles the epic romance between a human girl and an alien boy when he and eight others of his kind are integrated into a suburban high school. Averill will co-showrun the series with Adele Lin, who recently joined the project under an overall deal with CBS Studios. The two are executive producing the series with Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Scott Rosenberg, Richard Shepard and Bryan Furst. Star-Crossed reunites Averill with Applebaum, Nemec and Rosenberg. She started out as Applebaum and Nemec’s assistant and worked as a writer for them and Rosenberg on ABC’s Life On Mars and Happy Town. She spent the last three seasons on CBS’ praised drama The Good Wife, also from CBS TV Studios.
‘Star-Crossed’ Creator Meredith Averill Signs Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter