EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films has attached Babak Najafi to direct the action thriller Inside The Machine. Najafi, who just helmed Snabba Cash 2 (aka Easy Money 2), will helm a drama that follows an El Paso-based undercover ATF agent who risks his life to destroy a murder-for-hire gang that is run from within a prison by an untouchable criminal mastermind. The script is by Marc Maurino, and Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson of Contrafilms are producing. Vinson called Najafi “an incredibly talented filmmaker who is going to blow audiences away with his ability to deliver an adrenaline-fueled thriller.” Najafiu will work closely with Maurino on developing the script. Najafi made his directorial debut with Sebbe, which won Best Debut Film at Berlin in 2010. He’s separately attached to Unlocked for Endgame. UTA and manager Shelley Browning of Magnolia Entertainment rep him, and CBS’ Mark Ross and Ryan Conroy are overseeing the project.
‘Snabba Cash 2’ Helmer Babak Najafi Joins CBS Films Thriller ‘Inside The Machine’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest Film News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…