EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films has attached Babak Najafi to direct the action thriller Inside The Machine. Najafi, who just helmed Snabba Cash 2 (aka Easy Money 2), will helm a drama that follows an El Paso-based undercover ATF agent who risks his life to destroy a murder-for-hire gang that is run from within a prison by an untouchable criminal mastermind. The script is by Marc Maurino, and Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson of Contrafilms are producing. Vinson called Najafi “an incredibly talented filmmaker who is going to blow audiences away with his ability to deliver an adrenaline-fueled thriller.” Najafiu will work closely with Maurino on developing the script. Najafi made his directorial debut with Sebbe, which won Best Debut Film at Berlin in 2010. He’s separately attached to Unlocked for Endgame. UTA and manager Shelley Browning of Magnolia Entertainment rep him, and CBS’ Mark Ross and Ryan Conroy are overseeing the project.
‘Snabba Cash 2′ Helmer Babak Najafi Joins CBS Films Thriller ‘Inside The Machine’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′