EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films has attached Babak Najafi to direct the action thriller Inside The Machine. Najafi, who just helmed Snabba Cash 2 (aka Easy Money 2), will helm a drama that follows an El Paso-based undercover ATF agent who risks his life to destroy a murder-for-hire gang that is run from within a prison by an untouchable criminal mastermind. The script is by Marc Maurino, and Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson of Contrafilms are producing. Vinson called Najafi “an incredibly talented filmmaker who is going to blow audiences away with his ability to deliver an adrenaline-fueled thriller.” Najafiu will work closely with Maurino on developing the script. Najafi made his directorial debut with Sebbe, which won Best Debut Film at Berlin in 2010. He’s separately attached to Unlocked for Endgame. UTA and manager Shelley Browning of Magnolia Entertainment rep him, and CBS’ Mark Ross and Ryan Conroy are overseeing the project.
‘Snabba Cash 2′ Helmer Babak Najafi Joins CBS Films Thriller ‘Inside The Machine’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World