All of this season’s judges on The Voice are coming back but not until next spring. NBC is close to finalizing deals that will see Shakira and Usher returning to the singing competition show for Season 6 in the spring of 2014, insiders say. The return of the duo will see the departure again of original judges Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green. After taking a cycle off, the two are themselves coming back for season 5 of The Voice, which is set to premiere in the fall. Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will continue their bromance and stay on the show for both of the next two seasons. “It is almost all done and the network is looking to make the official announcements in the next few days,” a source told me. Details of the alternating judges plan was first reported by EW. In many ways this isn’t much of a surprise. Executive Producer Mark Burnett has long said that the show could see members of the judging panel coming and going over different seasons depending on their availability. The fifth season of the show has already been fully cast and filming on the Blind Auditions portion of the season is set to begin on July 8. The Voice ends its current season on June 18.
Shakira & Usher Returning To ‘The Voice’ For Season 6
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report