Clearly there’s no keeping Scott Rudin happy. He’s shuttering his struggling Broadway play The Testament Of Mary after just 16 performances thanks to limp ticket sales. That’s despite it scoring three Tony nominations this week, including a nod for Best Play. So journo Pat Healy barely pressed writer Colm Toibin for juicy Rudin drama in The New York Times, and how did Rudin respond? He apparently bought an ad slamming the NYT reporter in the paper’s own arts section: “Let’s give a big cuddly shout-out to Pat Healy, infant provocateur and amateur journalist at The New York Times,” reads the ad making its way around Twitter. “Keep it up, Pat – one day perhaps you’ll learn something about how Broadway works, and maybe even understand it. – Scott Rudin.” The Testament Of Mary closes this weekend.
Scott Rudin Slams NYT Reporter In Broadway Beef
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV