Clearly there’s no keeping Scott Rudin happy. He’s shuttering his struggling Broadway play The Testament Of Mary after just 16 performances thanks to limp ticket sales. That’s despite it scoring three Tony nominations this week, including a nod for Best Play. So journo Pat Healy barely pressed writer Colm Toibin for juicy Rudin drama in The New York Times, and how did Rudin respond? He apparently bought an ad slamming the NYT reporter in the paper’s own arts section: “Let’s give a big cuddly shout-out to Pat Healy, infant provocateur and amateur journalist at The New York Times,” reads the ad making its way around Twitter. “Keep it up, Pat – one day perhaps you’ll learn something about how Broadway works, and maybe even understand it. – Scott Rudin.” The Testament Of Mary closes this weekend.
Scott Rudin Slams NYT Reporter In Broadway Beef
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jessie Ennis Joins 'Veep'; Gladys Knight In 'Empire'
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' Gets Premiere Date: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive