Clearly there’s no keeping Scott Rudin happy. He’s shuttering his struggling Broadway play The Testament Of Mary after just 16 performances thanks to limp ticket sales. That’s despite it scoring three Tony nominations this week, including a nod for Best Play. So journo Pat Healy barely pressed writer Colm Toibin for juicy Rudin drama in The New York Times, and how did Rudin respond? He apparently bought an ad slamming the NYT reporter in the paper’s own arts section: “Let’s give a big cuddly shout-out to Pat Healy, infant provocateur and amateur journalist at The New York Times,” reads the ad making its way around Twitter. “Keep it up, Pat – one day perhaps you’ll learn something about how Broadway works, and maybe even understand it. – Scott Rudin.” The Testament Of Mary closes this weekend.
Scott Rudin Slams NYT Reporter In Broadway Beef
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV