Rob Lowe, Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon A Time) and Michelle Trachtenberg are set to star in National Geographic’s two-hour original factual drama Killing Kennedy, from Scott Free Prods. Based on the best-selling book by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard and a sequel to Nat Geo’s Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy begins in 1959 and follows the paths of Kennedy (Lowe) — a member of one of the United States’ most wealthy and powerful families — and his assassin Lee Harvey Oswald — a disillusioned former Marine and Marxist — until they collide in Dallas four years later. Goodwin will play former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, while Trachtenberg will play Oswald’s Russian wife Marina. Production on Killing Kennedy will begin in June in Richmond, Va., with Nelson McCormick directing from a script by Kelly Masterson, for a premiere later this year in the United States and globally in 171 countries, timed to the 50th anniversary of Kennedy’s assassination. This is the Nat Geo’s second collaboration with Lowe this year. In April, he narrated the network’s six-part miniseries The ’80s: The Decade That Made Us. JFK and Jacqueline Kennedy were recently played by Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes in the ReelzChannel mini The Kennedys.
Rob Lowe To Play John F. Kennedy, Ginnifer Goodwin & Michelle Trachtenberg To Co-Star In National Geographic’s ‘Killing Kennedy’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot