Kathleen Fleming, who developed and produced several LEGO and LEGO Star Wars projects as Director of Entertainment Development at the company, died in an accident over the weekend. She had most recently been working on Warner Bros’ February 7 release The Lego Movie: The Piece Of Resistance as a liaison managing studio relationships on entertainment projects. Fleming joined the company after working with LEGO as Account Manager at ad agency Ammerati Puris Lintas. She officially came aboard LEGO in 2009 as Senior Manager of Entertainment Development for LEGO Group. Her credits include LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace and LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out which she exec produced, as well as the NINJAGO: Master of Spinjitzu TV series and the soon-to-be-aired LEGO Legends of CHIMA series and LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles miniseries. “We are devastated by the passing of Kathleen, as she was an amazing collaborator, advocate and friend” Lego Movie producer Dan Lin said Wednesday on behalf of the filmmakers. “We often joked that we started out as business associates but we later became family. We not only worked together, but we ate together, traveled together and even went to Devo concerts together. Her positive attitude and love for life will be sorely missed but we vow to make this movie the best it can be to honor her life and contribution.”
R.I.P. Kathleen Fleming
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE